Lartigue

"S Shapiro:
He's a greatly respected painter whose work sells off the easil for hundreds of thousands
of dollars.  His apartment in Paris looks down on the Bois de Bologne,
something like living on Park Avenue in New York City.

His painting is of an abstract nature."

Interesting point about Lartigue's paintings and their cost. I didn't know that - thank you. ...Only that a BBC documentary on him suggested that his paintings were not particularly outstanding, and I have no other information other than that . The ones shown on the documentary didn't seem overly exciting (nor were they particularly abstract) but then what ever does look good on TV! Nor has he ever featured in any significant way within any history of art that I've read.

There was a major celebration of  his photography at the Hayward Gallery in London and that was truly remarkable. I spent 3 hours there and could have spent lots longer.
His family was also one of the 3 richest in Paris, though the family fortune went down the pan, which is why he turned to his painting skills to earn a crust. What a crust! I'm only jealous!!

Howard