[no subject]

I am the scanner, retoucher, color person for a printing company. My
college degree was in drawing and painting, some thirty years ago. Around
six years ago I started painting seriously once again and about the same
time became interested in photography. At work I scan, color correct and
manipulate images in Photoshop. Away from work I make images through my
camera with Photoshop and through painting. All this just to add a couple
of random thoughts to what Ken has said.

I guess, because of my background, for me all of the visual arts have
blended together.

The main difference,for me, between photography and painting is that there
is more opportunity to search for significant form in each individual
object in a painting than in a photograph. Other than this they are both
concerned with invoking a mood, expressing feelings, being visually
interesting etc.