Re: Exprressionist Photography

Hmm....Zeke Berman? Alfred Steiglitz (his cloud series, especially)?

-Alan Bucknam

On Sep 24, 2004, at 10:55 AM, Howard wrote:

Has anyone any good suggestions as to photographers whose work can be described as "Expressionist" - as for example one describes the German film makers in the 1920s (Dr. Caligulari springs to mind). Possibly Joel-Peter Witkin too?

I've so far only identified Barbara Morgan as one distinct possibility.

I'm also keen to identify especially good workers in experimental photography, whether digital or analogue, like for example Jerry Ueslmann.

Thanks everyone.

Howard