Re: digital printing & print resolution

At 2004-09-22, 23:20:07 John-Paul Kernot (jpkernot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

>Negs are  5 x 4 and 6 x 6 and drum scanned.
>
>howard.leigh@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>>What size negs? If not upsized, then they must be big or your scanner is set to interpolate upwards...! Which still won't give extra detail.
>>Howard

Thanks john, but that's wayyy more resolution that comes out of most of the cameras on the market, esp the gear i would use (S2, D70, D1X). I think i'll just try and work closer with my printer to print to the maximum resolution of their machines as well as work out a decent quick-and-dirty USM for 6MP to punch things up a bit.

Best regards,
Deen
2004-09-23 07:06:03

--