Re: digital printing & print resolution

At 2004-09-22, 04:10:03 John-Paul Kernot (jpkernot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> .. in fact I would go so far as to say that your lab is probably
>imaging at 200 - 250 dpi simply to achieve a faster workflow and
>therefore more money, obviously to the detriment of your output.  The
>optimum dpi outpt of a Ligtjet for instance is 305-400 dpi not 200-250.

I would tend to agree with you. Pretty much all the mainstream labs here ask for the file to set at 200-250ppi, but I imagine these printers' native resolution is around 400ppi. I'll speak with them and find out how to go about this (prices/turnaround/etc).

Does anyone have settings for USM for 6MP files (3000x2000) that works for them? I understand that just one setting will not work for different kinds of images...

Best regards,
Deen
2004-09-22 07:57:06

--