Re: In search of a FAST image browser

	The most interesting thing (I feel) about lightbox is the ability to catalogue/search on keywords. But I have a couple of questions.

	Do i really need to do a 14MB download for that capability?

	Secondly, is it possible for the software to automatically catalogue the images, say based on the caption description? I find it quite redundant that I would type a caption and then have to choose and select keywords for an image...

	So far I've found IrfanView sufficient for my purposes (fast previews, NEF handling, lossless rotation, thumbnails, basic editing for the thumbnails) and just use a directory structure to manage the catagories...

Best regards,
Deen
2004-09-20 09:55:21

--
Deen Hameed
0405 649 101 deenhameed@xxxxxxxxxxxx

At 2004-09-20, 07:33:18 Gary Lawton (lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

>I'll second the JPG preview idea, but check out my Lightbox app at:
>
>http://www.luminosity.co.uk/lightbox/
>
>Amongst other features, it will generate thumbnail images for you and
>provide fullscreen previews and a slideshow.
>
>BTW It's a freeware application, so I hope this post isn't out of line.
>Gary
>

>kpp@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>>hi all! i wonder if you could help me with this...
>>
>>My current PC configuration does not allow me the necessary/common reading spead of my new batches of 200MB psd files.
>>
>>Windows browser hangs, Phototime album and ThupsPlus are slow too, and the fastest I have is Inrfanview and the PS own file browser.
>>
>>So i wonder if there is an app outthere that will afford a faster image preview and maybe a faster slideshow..
>>
>>thanks beforehand, kostas
>>======================================================
>>so... no matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...
>>kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography
>>http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography

>>http://www.mailbox.gr ÁðïêôÞóôå äùñåÜí ôï ìïíáäéêü óáò e-mail.
>>http://www.thesuperweb.gr Website ìå ÁóöáëÝò Controlpanel áðü 6 Euro êáé äþñï ôï domain óáò!
>>

>--