my very brief comments on this week's gallery

ADavidhazy <andpph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated SEP 11 04. Authors
with work now on display at http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:

D.L. Shipman - Good News Climber

What's with the digital halo?  I'm hoping it's my ancient monitor.  Nice background.

John Palcewski - Speed

Love the look on the girl's face.  She looks like she isn't sure if the ride is frightening or really exciting.  Hold on to the light, it shall guide you to the Lord.

Bob Talbot - Girl

And, again, the UK's award winning dental program at work.  Well documented.  She's certainly more colorful than the background

Steve Harris -

Unlevel, but intentional?  The kid looks deep in thought...maestro just thought of a new masterpiece...or his gum lost it's flavor and needs a little accordion oil off his dirty little digits.

Dan Mitchell - Bircham Mill

I'm from Michigan Dutch country originally...just can't do the windmill thing.  I was hoping for little history tidbit in the description.  A little contrasty.

Charles Siegel - Grasse, France 2004

I feel I should be looking at the woman and girl, but I keep getting drawn to the bikes by the light...I'm afraid of motorcycles.

Jim Davis - Deer and Ducks

You shot this with the wrong piece of equipment.  A 30-06 would have done just fine in these conditions.  Mmmm...venison.  Bambi taste yummy.  I would recommend having it dressed into steaks, sausage, and jerky.  Image well caught, as usual.  Looks like you got it just before it split, as it seems to have spotted you.

Robert G. Earnest -

Good job on stopping the bird.  I still feel the need for a different point of view to get a better look at this master of prey.  But, then you'd lose the log.  Hmm...

Trevor Cunningham - South Unit in TR National Park

Pure photographic genius.  A mildly tilted set of strata, a blown out sky, and it completely ignores the rule of thirds.  Maybe I should sell it.

Stephen Ylvisaker - Moonset

Nice moon shot.  Wish it had different accompaniment.

Find links to other special galleries on the main gallery URL given above.
There are five photographs (by Mulholland, Ofverbeck, Palcewski, Strevens and
Vissak) enqueued for future installation. Contributions encouraged! Especially
series and student or group exhibits. Instructions available following link
provided on main gallery page. There were 437 clicks to the gallery last week.

Thank you, Kathy and the rest of the PF exhibits staff

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham

Do you Yahoo!?