Re: Gallery: 2004-05-15 / Montreal, Silo 5 in Old Harbour (#2)

Warmest thanks to all who commented on Silo 5 (#2 this week and #1 last week).

Turning to specifics (heavily tinted with good humour)

wildimages (signed Bob) said:
>  Guy, this is the digital age: this picture just looks like a relic
>  from a byegone era. ... With that apparent "age" comes a sort of
>  warm cozy feel.
>  Why did you present it with a crooked horizon though.  ?

Haughhhhh...  Rats...  I knew it.  Of course, someone felt compelled to spell it out loud and clear... And guess who it was!

Oh!  Why was me not born with riches.  If I only had just enough money to buy a decent Abacus, I'm sure me too could calculate these nice numerical pictures that look so good on magazines.

My Kingdom for a calculator!  Can't even afford a spirit level to set my picture square straight on the walls of the "PhotoForum Members' Exhibit Space".  It's so unfair.

Deepest regards, Bob (aka Qkano, aka Bob T...,  aka... ?)  ;o)

Trevor cunningham said:
>  I've always appreciated industrial photos that are void of people.
>  It always seems to add a gloominess that reflects the nature of
>  the industrial world.  Whenever I've seen people in the picture,
>  it always makes me think of labor propaganda.  Nice shiny
>  reflection, gritty and dirty background.  The water will soon
>  wash it all away.

See Bob!  Trevor 'is' a perfect gentleman.  He streches out to make me feel at ease in every possible way.

I mean...  You know... He says he likes industrial pictures void of people: he does not make comment on my picture in relation to, say,  traffic jams or the world's population explosion or what not...  ;o)

And then he doesn't confront me with where I fit in relation to time: digital vs analog, industrialism vs post-modernism... You know, I mean...  He just kindly says: nice industrial stuff, but the water will soon wash it away (sort of like "Wake up, man!! We're in the 3rd Millenium...) ;o)

Thanks your comments, Trevor.

Jim Davis said:
>  The special effects here are wonderful, but my first thought was
>  how terrible a tilted horizon really can be. My second thought
>  is how uninteresting buildings are when shot square on like this.

And now here is another real gentleman, Bob!  He first starts with the good news so that one feels really 'high'.  Then he tells it like it is: no pussyfooting, just quick and to the point.

Two shots: Bang!  Bang!

Bull's eye on the first one (see above).
Second one backfires, blows the riffle.
Riffler fatally wounded, loses one life.
Check how many lifes still in bank and continue or terminate, as appropriate... ;o)

Thanks for your comments also, Jim!