Re: Are we to take C41 dev for granted?

One would expect that the lab have quality control
>procedures in effect and that they might even share their control charts with
>the customers.

hold your horses Andy! this is country side Greece we are talking and a family operated lshop...these conceptions apply only to big labs/ big studios business relationships...and this is the reason i get in the trouble of scanning etc...can you believe that i get better prints from the plotter of a freindly photocopy shop that any photo lab around ?

>> so, how can one know for sure if his film were developed properly? by feel?
>> by indicators on the film itself?
>
>I would think that if this is of long term concern to you that you could set-up
>a check on the lab by exposing some short length films under identical
>conditions - like expose three - four rolls at the same time to the same
>subject and under, normal and overexpose the frames. Then have one roll
>processed while keeping the rest in a freezer. A week later have another roll
>processed, etc. and then compare the rolls by placing them alongside each
>other. Do they look almost the same? If so then the lab at least is consistent.
>Major variations in density indicate a problem probably.

that is a good suggestion, but how about the appearance of the neg lettering (works for B&W) will it work for c-41 too?
(in my case the letters were crisp but a bit less denser than expected)

thanks for the tips, kostas

http://www.mailbox.gr ÁðïêôÞóôå äùñåÜí ôï ìïíáäéêü óáò e-mail.
http://www.thesuperweb.gr Website ìå ÁóöáëÝò Controlpanel áðü 6 Euro êáé äþñï ôï domain óáò!