Re: red/blue 3-d imagery (light question, not photography)

Hi Stephen,

    Sorry for the delayed response - I'm in Japan & I think our timezones
are a bit off...  I wonder if you've already tested your 3d optics setup
with SpyKids?
    Anyways, sorry to dissapoint, but I don't think it'll work the way you
planned.  As far as I understand 3d video, they shoot it with two cameras,
and then it appears on-screen as two distinct images, one tinted red, and
one tinted blue, each a little offset horizontally from the other.  If you
look at the screen through the red lens, one image will be clear and the
other will effectively become invisible, and vice-versa with blue.  If we
wear blue on one eye, and red on the other, each eye will see a different
image, and as 3d is filmed with two offset cameras, this tricks our brain
into recieving all of the binocular cues to depth.
    So, in short, I think you'll need the glasses.
Enjoy the movie!
    - ERic