Re: red/blue 3-d imagery (light question, not photography)

On Thu, 06 May 2004 11:45:01 -0700
greyfell@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi, all!
>
> I recently rented the DVD video for Spy Kids 3D. It uses the traditional red/blue imagery for the 3-d effect. The rental shop doesn't include the red/blue glasses with the rental, which would be included if I were to purchase the DVD. I don't want to dig through the boxes in my garage to find my Lee Filters sample pack. I have red and blue flashlights, from Streamlight <http://www.streamlight.com/stylus_specifications.htm>, readily available. Do you think I will be able to enjoy the 3-d effect if, instead of viewing through red/blue filters, I project red/blue light onto the viewing screen? I am goint to test it this evening, but I wanted to get some knowledgeable hypotheses from the forum regrading the viability of this idea.

I have bad news for you. I surmise that your optics textbook was written
by Plato, and unfortunately some of his ideas have been found to be
wrong.

How, exactly, are you going to project this red/blue light?

Brian Chandler
Jigsaw puzzles from Japan
http://imaginatorium.org/shop/
imaginatorium@xxxxxxxxxxxxx