Pass the Camera Project

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don Roberts" <droberts@xxxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2004 5:08 AM
Subject: Re: Google - Image Search

It still may be a "great project," Don.   I'd love to have a show featuring
the Pass the Camera project, but I would need some help from the
participants.

There is a wonderful project in Lancaster, California.  For lack of a better
term, I'll call it a mini revitilaztion project.   A local strip mall is
being converted into an "art place."    Art lessons are being offered, a
vintage record shop is soon opening, there will be rooms for performances of
all kinds and there is a gallery. (Some of Andy's work will be our
"Announcing the Opening of . . ." show.  I'll keep everyone posted as to
this event.)

I'd love to have a show featuring the Pass the Camera project.   So far,
this is just a thought, but the more I think about it, the more excited I
become.   I can see each Pass the Camera's contributor having their print
displayed, along with an "artist's statement," (perhaps having a small copy
of the print and the statement of each photographer mounted together for
display) and information about the project.

I'd need a copy (4X6? 5X7?) of each print along with the photographer's
statement, permission to display the work, and a business card of each
photographer in case someone wanted information about purchasing a print,
from each of you.  The print and statement should be able to fit in - say -
an 8 X 10 or 11 X 14 mat.

For participating photographers, this would be an opportunity to have your
Pass the Camera work displayed and the project shown and explained to the
public; for those who abhor strip malls, this is an opportunity to be part
of changing a strip mall into something exciting and wonderful; for
residents of Lancaster, it's an opportunity to see a "First Show Ever," of
the project.  A win-win proposition for all.

I'd love to hear comments, thoughts and suggestions.

Marilyn