Re: Digital B/W Fiber Base Prints

>   3) Digital B/W Fiber Base Prints
> 	by "P. David Van Verst" <prolab@xxxxxxxx>
> http://www.focusonimagingmag.com/currentissue/april04/sanmiguel.tml

Dave,
This looks like heavy commercial stuff.  A couple of years ago, I saw a report that De Vere was to release a digital-to-paper enlarger that connected to a PC and could enlarge up to 16x20.  A very neat machine.   Google gave me this reference:
http://www.odyssey-sales.com/news/browse.asp?article=23
Don't know what happened to that by way of commercial sales.

The fact is that there will always be a niche for photo-based paper printing (fiber or color) .  But all the big labs are dropping they chemestry-based printing processes and getting into to giclee-type of printing with the widest printer they can afford to buy.

It means thay can shift their printing around "on a dime", both in terms of the print-size and paper quality.   It's a fantastic revolution!

Regards,

Guy Glorieux