Re: A little humble self promotion

Marilyn <marilyn@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hello Again, PhotoForum Members:
>
> I hesitated sharing this with Photoforum members because it feels like
> bragging (it is, actually bragging), but I noticed other members shared
> similar news, so here goes.
>
> I recently had a gallery opening. A watercolorist and I were the two
> featured artists and the opening went very well.   I had some nonsilver
> process prints on display  along with traditional prints, and the
> nonsilver prints got quite a bit of attention because they were
> unusual.    Most attendees had never heard of nonsilver processes.
>
> I am scheduled for a solo show in August and have a wall of prints up in a
> co-op gallery.   It's been an exciting  month.

Hey, congratulations!

And thanks for not trying to pretend that it *isn't* bragging.  A
little bragging about actual accomplishments doesn't bother me a bit.

Best of luck with the solo show in August, too.

> I must say, I owe much of what is happening to me to PhotoForum and all
> I've learned here.   I appreciate Andy, his staff and all members to the
> list very much.

It's a great community.
RKBA: <http://noguns-nomoney.com> <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>
Photos: <dd-b.lighthunters.net>  Snapshots: <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>