From: Marilyn <marilyn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Gallery review
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 04:32:07 -0700

Don Roberts
All That Remains: Haunting, interesting - I'd love to visit where this photograph was taken. I like the textures in the columns. I think this subject could have used some more directional lighting, though, like early morning or evening. It may have added extra punch.

jIMMY Harris
Family Tree: The blue of the branches against the colorless sky bothers me. So does the fact that the trunk is black and without detail. I like the pattern the branches and leaves form and there are four branches in the lower left-hand corner that look like long, bony fingers reaching out. I like that.

Dan Mitchell
King's Lynn: I really like the bright blue door in the right side of this photograph. I'd have spent some time photographing just that. I also like the red, white and blue palette of colors. I think I would have cropped just above the water. The greenish-brown color isn't very attractive and detracts from the beautiful, clean-looking content of the rest of the photograph. The off-white building above the center of the bridge could have used a little burning to bring out detail.

Howard Leigh
Stream Near Honister Pass, Cumbria: A long exposure may increase interest in this image. There really isn't a point of interest as it is. Maybe a lower point of view ? Low enough so the two biggest boulders were the central interest points, and then cropping barely above the water on the far side of the stream.

Bob Talbot Oxalis: Beautiful, delicate, sensitive.

Jim Davis
Cherry Blossom Time:   Greeting card perfect.

Paresh Pandit
The untitled sunset:   The colors are stunning.

Peeter Vissak
Domestic disco: Black and white film was perfect for this image. It reminds me of the "hip" 60s type images. It's a little distracting that I can't see the face of the person in the back.

Pini Vollach
Arava valley: As a photography instructor I once had would say - "This is a good record shot." It needs something to hold my interest, however. I like it better when I crop the top half of the photo out. Then the color, shapes and forms of the Eilat mountain jump out at me and the photograph is much more interesting.

Amy West
Indian Paintbrush: This image needs some punch. If the Indian Paintbrush had been photographed from a higher viewpoint, or maybe even from the underside, it would have been more powerful. It also could have been taken as a close up, cropping out the stem and much of the surrounding background.

Andrew Davidhazy
Potted Parsley Photo: I like the starkness of this image, but it is the technical information that makes this photograph interesting.

Marilyn

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar ? get it now! http://toolbar.msn.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/