Cleaning DSLR sensor

I'm changing lenses constantly in a construction area, so I go through a two-step process if I see artifacts attributed to the outdoors which happens quite often. First, I try to blow it out (MicroDuster) and then take another image to check for the same artifacts. Most of the time they disappear. But if they remain, I use a "Sensor Swab" from Photographic Solutions (the "Photofinish" company). Make sure you use the appropriate steps in raising the mirror. Although this action is menu driven, my 14n can work with a good battery while the 100D requires an AC adapter before the menu item is highlighted. BTW, we were so impressed with the Sensor Swab, that we plan on using them for our cleanroom optics.

eugene kowaluk