Re: More information, please.

Marilyn,

Re; "Southbound Freight."

I was walking along the southbound tracks coming out of Tacoma while on my way to photograph the Tacoma Narrows Bridge when I heard the train coming. I thought of the shot you see in this weeks gallery and set up for it. I use aperture priority and set my ap to give me a slow shutter. I then waited for the train and as it pass by me, I spun around to face the opposite direction. I had one shot at the shot.

I did an Unsharp mask, bumped the SATs a tad in photoshop. Thanks for your interest.

Images do not fail when given a caption or title. It's an enhancement of the image not a support structure. There times granted, when the artist may indeed be trying to support the image with insight or similar details, but those are exceptions it seems, not the rule.

Case in point would be NGS's approach. Captions only enhance the otherwise great work.

Obviously, if the image is presented in fine art form, captions aren't necessary but titles may be. In some circles in the old days, titles were almost a requirement.

IMHO.

Take care,
Gregory david Stempel
FIREFRAMEi m a g i n g