Re: Simple noise reduction

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gregory Fraser" <Gregory.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 11:01 PM
Subject: Simple noise reduction

> I read in a book that to reduce noise in an image you can duplicate the
layer, use Gaussian blur on the duplicate layer and then change the blending
mode of the duplicate layer to 'color'. I've tried that using various radii
but I never seem anything more than a very faint difference. Has anyone else
used this technique before?

have you tried neatimage yet Greg?

www.neatimage.com the standalone program is probably easier to use than the
PS plugin, and noise profiles are available for many cameras and scanners
for download

karl