Re: sepia toning in PS

At 08:25 AM 3/3/2004, Emily L. Ferguson wrote:
OK. I've never done a sepia in the darkroom. So I'm not certain exactly what the parameters are for mimicking it in PS.

Anybody got a formula or can give me some guidance? If I use variations - how much? If I used Levels or Curves, what sort of midtone numbers would I punch in?

It's easiest to convert the mode of the image to duotone, and use the duotones or tritones to get the sepia tone you like. You can start by trying the presets (hit the load button from the duotones menu) to get some ideas.

Jeff Spirer
Photos: http://www.spirer.com
One People: http://www.onepeople.com/
Surfaces and Marks: http://www.withoutgrass.com