Re: Film washing problem?

On Mar 3, 2004, at 7:54 AM, Gregory Fraser wrote:

Thank you to everyone for the advice on film washing. Looking back it appears that I was using about twice the LFN recommended by Edwal and any amount is far more that the Rev recommends.

One question though. Are Brita style tap mounted filters of any benefit in a darkroom?

Greg

They are probably the carbon granules type of filters to eliminate odors & chlorine. Unless they are flushed really well there is the chance of getting fine carbon granules coming though the line & the capacity will be fairly short lived for darkroom work. I'd recommend you opt for something else such as a 5 micron cotton wound or cellulose filter. You can find these at places like Sears etc.

Cheers,

Dave