Re: comments? (OT, obviously poilitical)

there's sweat shops in egypt too!  actually, i heard that factories are closing in mexico because the companies are moving thm back to the states...they found out that prison labor is cheaper than unemployed mexicans...i'd love a picture of that

achal pashine <achal@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Since we seem to be exporting jobs of all sorts ("Hello. Can I help
> you with your reservation?") to the Indian sub-continent

America has been exporting jobs in manufacturing to China eversince The
Great Nixon visited that country. Today almost all manufactured goods,
including American flags, even the underwear that average US person wears
(and perhaps even Mr. Bush, if he wears one) comes from there. Nobody cried
then? Why all of a sudden this cry about high-tech/call center jobs going to
India? Where does the concept of "globalization" originate? Or does the
'globalization' just means US taking advantage of sweat shops in China?

I liked the later part of the article much better than the opening
paragraph.
Achal

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham

Do you Yahoo!?