Re: Is it there yet?

Of course, photograhers understand that there is no non-relative "truth" to any photograph, whether it's captured on film or digitally, whether it's manipulated in the digital or analog darkrooms.

The viewer sees only our truth in the image we present.

The advent of the widespread existence of the tools to manipulate the image is the new element in the photographic equation. Up until the last ten years or so, one has had to have both a physical and a manual facility in order to change a captured image from the original piece of film. Most people have not set up darkrooms for b&w or color printing in their homes, so most people have not comprehended the extent to which the image on the film could be changed - before the advent of the home computer.

Perhaps this amazing innovation will help people to understand that all truth is relative to ones point of view.

What an improvement that would be for the human race.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx