Gallery Review

This week, my submission either vanished in cyberspace, or wasn´t deemed fit to publish.......;-)
Probably my own fault; I never got the usual confirmation.

Never mind, I´ll try to review the others:

Jeff Spirer, Red: While I still generally prefer Jeff´s B/W work, this one is a winner. The incredibly busy palette combined with the expression of the lady and that floating hand gives a feeling of hurry, almost urgency.

Achal Paschine, Tufa Island: Nice reflection, but I far prefer last week´s Mono view. It is the light, of course; this one has no mystery to it.

W R Gill, Low Tide: Same light, same reaction from my side: nice scenery, but no mystery. Some rocks look burnt-out on my (supposedly calibrated) monitor.

C J R Strevens, Into the Light: So, here it is at last! Mystery by light, that is... Very good composition, exciting lines and surfaces.

Emily Ferguson, Just a little cold snap: Nice, actually inviting; I´d like to sit there with a hot toddy and enjoy the sun and the scenery.

Leslie Spurlock, Schoolgirl: NOW we´re getting somewhere! Nice light, beautiful face, but here we get full eye contact and no intrusions. This time, the white ribbons actually add a lot to the image IMHO. And, (since there was a discussion about it) I have to say that I´m absolutely on your side when you refuse to clean up the images after the fact. Shoot more, be selective, but no clone stamp in this kind of documentary work!

Dan Mitchell, Garden: Similar idea to that house at the end of the lane, but not as successful in my opinion. Probably too symmetric.

Andrew Davidhazy, Stroboscopic Exercise: Beautiful! And, of course, very impressive from a technical point of view. Would make a great billboard image for a dance company.

That´s it. Saturday coming, I´m off to the Swedish mountains for a week of skiing. No web connection, so I´ll have to postpone my PF subscription for a week.

Bye,

Per Öfverbeck
http://foto.ofverbeck.se