Re: PhotoForum Main Exhibit photographs

At 9:21 PM -0500 2/6/04, ADavidhazy wrote:
Emily L. Ferguson, jack came to visit - interesting observation but has a few
technical flaws that detract from what must have been a wonderful sight. I
think in cases like this one (I saw something similar on the door of my Dr's
offcie last week when I went for a physical) one could benefit from a shifting
lens - this might avoid having to have the camera's film plane at an angle to
the glass and thus achieve sharpness from side to side and top to bottom. A
tilting lens might also be ok but I'd go with a T/S one.

Using a shift lens would have moved the light patterns behind the frost so that the upper right corner would have been completely blown out. Using a tripod would have enabled a smaller aperture which would also have increased the DOF. Although the frost was already beginning to soften, there would have been time to get the shot with a longer exposure.

Of course, moving the rocking chair so that I could align the lens parallel to the window would have solved the DOF problem too.

But the cat was asleep inside the Irish knit sweater on the rocking chair and he doesn't like it when I move the chair when he's napping in it!
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx 508-563-6822