Re: PF Exhibits on 01-31-04

John-
Thanks for the comment. I hope the bit of cloth doesn't hurt the image too
much.  I don't pose any of my subjects, and I photograph them the way they are
and don't disturb them if at all possible. So, I couldn't move the bit of
cloth. I am also a real purist in the sense that I don't do any manipulation...only
available light, no filters, and, almost always, no cropping. Anyway, this is
just an explanation for the distracting elements in the last 2 pics. Since I
am just getting into photojournalism, my real passion, is there anyone in this
forum that sees things from a photojournalism standpoint? If so, are these
elements equally as distracting for someone in this field? I'm wondering because
I have so much still to learn in that field and would appreciate any advice.
I also know that what appeals to someone with a  pj/documentary shot is
different from someone who might be interested in a different type of photography.
Now, I am not saying that the shots would work in pj/doc., I am just trying to
find out if they would.

Leslie Spurlock
<A HREF="http://americanphotojournalist.com/member.php?user=lscotthpht";>
American Photojournalist</A>
214-361-5152
888-381-0854

<< Leslie Spurlock, Faith and Hope.  A strong, evocative image that is
 disturbed and somewhat neutralized by that bit of cloth with the threads
 spreading out from it, onto the figure's chin.  The distraction is
 inevitable. >>