RE: Unbelievable! I need advertising help!

Hi Ya Shy,

Boy did you get the shaft from the yellow pages! Are there any
alternative yellow pages in the area? If so maybe they have more
frequent publish dates.

Out here in CA we have several yellow page companies, no owns the rights
to the term "yellow pages".

Try attending as many local business related orgs in your area as
possible. The local CofC for city and counties close to you are a good
source for names/contacts. Local professional womens groups are also a
good source.

Do you have a local business related newspaper? If so find out about ads
there. They are expensive unless you run a long term ad. Try to avoid
straight across trades (images for space) unless they will place you
high in the publication and really push your ability/images.

See about a local venue to have a show of your work. A library or maybe
city hall could have decent foot traffic. Along with that you can have
an "opening night" and invite the movers and shakers to it and see who
shows up. Plant News releases regarding the show and the opening night
in the newspapers to do area.

I have tried business cards, post cards, websites, word of mouth, flyers
and brochures placed at various venues. If you have any make-up artists,
or stylists you have worked with make sure that they give out your cards
and kick them a discount or a spiff % of the shoot if you actually book
the shoot. Same thing w/ current and former clients.

Also make sure that you always have business cards handy so that you can
self promote as much as possible. Shameless self promotion is the
hallmark
Of the very best.

I hope this helps,

If you make it to the big time I want a percentage <vbg>

Les Baldwin