Re: New web site

Gregory, thank you for the compliment and suggestion.  I agree with you
about the home page, and I have designed two alternative pages that give a
better indication of what follows, but obviously have published neither.  I
realized early on that I would be forced to do something different soon
because the existing title makes no reference to the 8x10 images that I
intend to load on eventually.  One idea I had (hardly original) is to
arrange the home page so that different images within the site fade in and
out - within a single bordered frame.  The thing that prohibits me from
getting there, however, is that I'm a complete idiot when it comes to
computers.  Someone kindly sent me some code that supposedly will do this,
but I don't even know where to insert it in the HTML code that my site is
built on, and I have this fear that any alteration to the existing code
will cause either my site or my computer to explode.  I'm probably going to
have to get someone who knows alot more about this stuff than I do to help
me out, and maybe even suggest better ways of presenting the images than I
have conceived of.  Despite my ignorance of computer programming, I managed
to build the existing site myself using free software from Yahoo (called
"Sitebuilder 2.0").  I'm sure it's not the greatest program out there
(someone else told me to get something called "Dreamweaver") but again, I
suffer from total ignorance in matters of computer programming, and because
I don't know whether this Dreamwaver program or any other with greater
capability is compatible with what I've already started, I've hesitated to
go any farther.  If you have any specific ideas, I'd be very happy to hear
them.  I have a question for you too:  do you think adding background music
would be going overboard?  Part of me wants to do that, but on the other
hand, I'm concerned that doing so will move me away from my principal aim
at the outset which was to keep the site simple like the photographs
themselves.  Well those are my quick thoughts.  I guess the only thing to
add here is thank you for taking the time to look the site and for offering
your candid criticism.  I really do appreciate both, and I am not the least
bit upset by your suggestion that I could do better with the home page ...
we both know it's true!!

Norm
ps.  I am at work right now and have to run off for a meeting.  I will take
a look at your site tonight.