Re: Multiple Focusing points?

"kpp@mailbox.gr" <kpp@mailbox.gr> wrote/replied to:

>this may be a naive question, but what is the point of the new breed of Multiple and selectable focusing points?
>or better phrased, are they a solution to a problem we never knew we had?
>
>you see, i find it very natural to put the item of interest in the focusing area, keep the shutter release button of my Pentax MZ/ZX series halfway pressed (focusing lock feature), then recompositioning the shot. it is as fast as firing.
>
>On the contrary, especially after reading Rob's review of the D2 and the part of a moving object stealing the focus from the subject, it seems a drag to select a focusing point especially when a changing of your grip on the camera is required.

then imagine focusing where you look

Yes, Canon's Eye Controlled Focus is wonderful. I reall miss it, but
surely it'll come to their digital world.

The point of shifting the focus point is when your subject is
offcentre you want to focus off centre again and again you can shift
the point there and avoid recomposing again and again. That's ok if
you're chaning scene and subject all the time.