Re: canon rebel digital

hmair@iziko.org.za wrote/replied to:

>It has a number of different "Spaces" to work in too. Some have sharpening,
>some have enhanced saturation etc., I have worked in the Adobe RGB colour
>space and it's been very good.

The fact that you mention this tells me that you aren't shooting in
RAW and are really missing out on tweaking your images. For example, I
couldn't care less what 'space' the camera is set at. Capture One
allows me to save a TIF with any space I want. Photoshop also allows
me to do this. I prefer to leave no space at all unless I'm sending to
a printer that requires it.

>I have been a Nikon user for 35 years and have kept 2 old F3 bodies (Because
>of the removable prism and focusing screens) and my lenses, but I am now a
>big canon fan. Can't wait to get my hands on  some more canon lenses!
>
>I have some indoor images shot at a jazz club here called "Swingers" they
>can be seen on my website.

Congrats on the changeover to Canon. You won't regret it. Just stick
to Canon lenses and don't be tempted to try and save a few bucks by
buying a Stigma or some other off brand lens.