Re: Leica p150 projector

--- achal pashine <achal@stanford.edu> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Does anybody here own and know the pros and cons of Leica P150
> projector?
> thanks and have a merry Christmas,
> Achal

Dear Achal:

   I have one with the 85mm Hektor lens that came with it plus
the 90mm f/2.5 Colorplan lens. The latter is a maybe a little
better quality but not much.  Both of these I believe are
flat-field lenses. I've always found it difficult to get the
entire image in focus. Perhaps it would be better with a
curved-field lens but I don't see these in the US for the Leica.
Not sure about the necessity of that anyway. I read an advisory
a few years back (I think it was put out by Kodak's Professional
Division) stating that they were recommending the flat-field
type for most kinds of slides.
   Slide tray is the straight "European style" and won't hold as
much as a Carousel.
   Not a bad projector (reasonably priced and comes with a
decent lens) but there might be better choices.
   The only other projector I've used is the Kodak Carousel
5600, which I used to rent from a local camera store. It had a
curved-field lens and unless my memory is playing tricks on me,
the projected image was pretty sharp from center to the corners.

                                                 Richard

=====
Richard Martin specializes in Cityscape
and Waterscape stock photography.