Re: At least you still have a respectable Optics department

Hi Greg,

>I just read in the paper that one of your fellow RIT staff lounge lizards,
>Prof. Kockersberger ditched the Wright brothers replica in front of George W.
>Luckily RIT got its reputation from the optics department and not mechanical
>engineering eh?

That was sooo funny! What were they thinking making the rail end at the top end
of a mud puddle!!! I was told by someone that they actually flew the plane a
week ago so expected no glitches ... but serves 'em right for tring to make the
try "on time". Mother nature does not always run an a human clock!

One of our faculty members was asigned to "cover" the event for the school. I
wonder what he'll come back with. BTW, and this is a minor correction, but it
was not optics that fueled the reputation of RIT in the photography world but
rather something called "Photographic Science" and the large number of
professional photography graduates in the 60's, 70s and 80's. And, for Optics
excellence I'd go down the road over to the University of Rochester.

:)
andy