Re: Question about lighting...

--- Karl Shah-Jenner <shahjen@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Any studio flash can be used if it's able to be
> slaved to the Sony's onboard
> flash...

You just beat me to it. You can get a wireless slave
unit for under $50 (I would guess under $30), so with
about $300 you may get two slaves, two good flashes
and two stands.

May I add (a bit shy), that I am somewhat used to work
with "student-class" projects (zero-budget) and I use
balloons on top of the flash so they diffuse light. It
works fine for most purposes, just be sure they don't
obstruct any sensors, or use the flash in manual mode.

You will have to play a bit with your new setup to
"get the hang" with the new levels of light, since the
camera most likely cannot account for it in any way.

HTH

=====