Re: What does everyone use?(thanks Chris)

shy_mel_photo@juno.com wrote:
WOW! So are you saying that regular 35mm negatives can be scanned on a
flatbed scanner? Something else I never knew. Thanks, Chris.

I have an Agfa Duoscan T1200 flatbed scanner. As the name implies, it has two scanning heads. One is for reflected scanning and the other is for transmissive. It came with a lower level glass plated slideout on which any transmissive material (negative or otherwise) could be placed for scanning. But I had trouble with Newton rings so I invest the $99.00 for the negative carriers set. The glass slide out is replace with one that holds carriers for varrious film sizes up to 4x5. Works well with Photoshop. I can achieve about a 300mb RGB scan from a 4x5 without interpolation and 75mb from a 35mm scan.

Peace!
Sidney