Re: What does everyone use?

If it's film you're scanning, forget a flatbed. Do it right to begin with.

My epson CX5200 printer came with an acceptable flatbed scanner, better resolution and density than any of the flatbeds at Staples that week. But I tried to upsample a print I had Wal*Mart make from an image I took off the web that was too big and easy to steal. The Wal*Mart print from the original theft was better quality than the file I got off my pretty high end flatbed.

In summary, if you can find the film, scan from that. If you're taking something out of a magazine or book, get the permission and cooperation of the holder of the copyright. And while you're at it, get a good scan from them.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@cape.com