Re: PF Galleries on 11/22/03

At 11:52 -0500 11/30/03, me@myplace.to wrote:
At 07:20 AM 11/27/2003 -0800, you wrote:

When it comes to critiquing the gallery I've been accused of being a
marshmallow, wimp, chicken - you get the picture, so my comments may not
have value to anyone, but . . .

Marilyn
Not to worry. Your comments have value. The fault you've been accused of is being too nice which is, to me, an oxymoron. Nice is a good thing. The world could do with a good bit of it along with more of your pet images.

I would add to this that the quality which shows through in your critiques is humility, the antithesis of the type of critic described by Brenda Ueland as the sort *which thinks it can improve people by telling them where they are wrong, and results only in putting them in straitjackets of hesitancy and self-consciousness, and weazening all vision and bravery*. Don't think for a femtosecond your comments are valueless.......quite the contrary.

Jim
Baja, Oregon