Re: Gallery Reviews: reviewer's template

> I looked on the home page and it's a high school in New Jersey!  It
would
> take the whole term for a kid to do one review.  Maybe that's the
idea.

Alan

Yes, indeed.

The post was meant in an ironic way.

We get a lot of "reviewers should this, that balh blah posts and I
thought the form took it to (almost) it's logical conclusion of
absurdity.

That anything to do with the human mind can be other than subjective
(Gregory's post) should come as no surprise to anyone.  The point is
what though?  Was that a call for no reviews (in the absence of
objective criteria).  Even forms like the one for that high school
which attempt to break down the mechanics of a review into smaller
structured chunks is still (inevitably) subjective.  The reviewer has
to decide what category and what was the intent then decide how well
it fitted.

Such exersizes are not without value.  They serve as a reminder of the
diverse nature of the ways in which a photo can be examined (maybe
highlighting aspects in which praise could be found) but we are still
left with opinion.

What is the answer?

Is the concensus we stop commenting until objective methods are found?
Shall we carry on and accept what should be common sense?

I think I'll just watch for a whiley.

Bob