Re: Gallery Reviews 11/22/03

shy_mel_photo@juno.com wrote/replied to:

>Jim Davis--Peaceful Panning--Peaceful slumber, peaceful life, peaceful
>water. O that I were a duck! Just crop out everything but her and her
>reflection. What a peaceful picture! :-)

Oh hehehehe.

he

Trust me, this one's cropped the limit. I need some kind of telescope
to get shots of ducks that are a mere 30 or 40 feet from me it seems.
My lens is a virtual (35mm) 640mm on the 10D, it ain't enough. Now you
want more cropped?

And I've totally rationalized in my head as an absolute rule, plenty
of space around subjects is an important part of an image. Especially
water reflections :-)

Now, funny you should mention cropping this photo tight. Cause I went
out and had a 10 by 15" Frontier photo made of this one last week.
Immediately my thoughts were that it needed cropping and was thinking
to cut it and mount it in a smaller frame. I just with the Frontier
could print bigger than 10 inches wide.

(currently looking for a Pro lab in Ueno or Kanda...

Jim Davis
- checkout the Motorcycle Headlight Relay Kit at:
http://jimdavis.oberro.com/html/bike_acc_.html