BJP

I always enjoyed browsing through various international Photo Journals and
one of my favourites was BJP (British Journal of Photography).
Admittedly, nowadays, I rarely hunt for a copy here in Germany - after all,
there's a very interesting web site.
As a webmaster, I was happy to use the many tools they provide(d): a
photographic banner exchange, a "top photo sites" list and a huge link
section.

Then, BJP decided to update their site. Nice relaunch. However, all of a
sudden, the banners wouldn't be displayed anymore and the links to the top
photo sites resulted in a page-not-found error.
So, I browsed through the site, but the only hint was a notice "BJP forum
back next week". This was several weeks ago.
I then sent a mail to the webmaster. no reply. I sent a mail to a
sub-editor. no reply. I mailed the editor. still no reply.
I was quite polite and just asked whether they intended to continue the
above services, but to no avail.

I have now eliminated all the links from my sites as I would not want human
visitors or search engines to encounter dead links there.
Is anyone here in a similar situation? Does anyone know what will happen to
these very interesting services?
There used to be a special photographic banner exchange (HAphoto) but they
gave up a long time ago.
So, the BJP programme was the only major banner exchange programme for
photography sites that I know.
Could anyone here recommend another one?
(It allowed you to chose special categories of sites that you ould like to
show your banner on and also the category of site you would like to see
displayed on your site - so it was possible to exclude adult banners for
example).

Principally speaking, I'd rather not have any banners than annoying ones...

Laurenz
http://www.travelphoto.net/
http://www.onlinephotogalleries.com/