Re: Some questions from an exam for your amusement.

In a message dated 11/19/2003 2:59:16 PM Eastern Standard Time, snapper@st-abbs.fsnet.co.uk writes:
<<<
04 Given a particular camera position, as lenses of various focal lengths are
placed on the camera the perspective of the recorded scene changes.
TRUE or FALSE

Andy

As phrased, and with my camera equipment, the answer is TRUE yet I'm half expecting the required answer to be false.

Why is that?
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
I wrote a answer to this saying it was a trick question and then I deleted it without sending it. I originally said it was true if the the images were enlarged to full frame as the visual impression that the viewer got would be different perspective. Then I pointed out that if the center of each picture was enlarged so that the image of the objects in the pictures were the same size then the perspective would be the same. (DOF is also the same in this situation) However then I thought  about a picture that Andres Feingerin did in one of his book that I read years ago of parking meters and I became unconvinced of my position as the picutes taken with the telephoto lens would have less information as some info would be hidden behind the parking meter that would exist in the wide angle shot. So I deleted the message without sending it.