From: owner-photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu
[mailto:owner-photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu]On Behalf Of ADavidhazy
Sent: 19 November 2003 23:11
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Cc: andpph@vmsmail.rit.edu
Subject: RE: Altazimuth telescope mounts correction

Hi Chris,

I think I know what you mean but I looked at the two mounts and one of them
could be turned in a circle on a shaft perpendicular to the ground and on it
it
had  another shaft that allowed the instrument toi be pointed up or down.

The other one had a way to aim the shaft at the Pole star and then had a way
rotate a mount about that axis plus it had the capability of aiming the
mount
at most other points along that shaft. So three possibilities of "turning".

The simple two-axis device is perfect at the poles, no? At the equator it
would
be clamped to a table so the major axis is parallel to the ground.

teaching welcome!
:)
Andy