From: owner-photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu
[mailto:owner-photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu]On Behalf Of Brian
Chandler
Sent: 11 November 2003 19:02
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: Eclipse photos?

wildimages@lineone.net writes:

> Sunny 16 works fine when the full moon is high in the sky but can lead to
> *serious* underexposure at other times.  You need to allow for phase and
> altitude.

Don't think I understand that. You mean that somehow the moon low in the
sky isn't in bright sunlight?

I thought the more basic point was that although the moon is made of
darkish rock, we expect it to look "overexposed" (for darkish rock, that
is).

Brian Chandler
geo://Sano.Japan.Planet_3
Jigsaw puzzles from Japan at: