Re: Review: PF Galleries on 11/8/03

 Emily,

>the image seems to be more
>successful when there's more space in the direction the thing is
>looking/going and less space behind.

You even don't imagine how authentically Your statement sounds in respect our photographic trip, where empty space ahead on my Camedia's x-D memory card was often the most desirable entity.

>>                Peeter Vissak - The End
>
>Now here's a great example - plenty of space where we need it!  An
>absolutely fine panoramic reflection in the side of the car of the
>tail end of the missed sunset.  Yeah, yeah.  I know.  That wasn't the
>intention, Peeter.  But advertently, or inadvertently, you got that
>sunset, and at the same time you got that sense of frustration (dark
>tonal spectrum) that you felt getting there too late.

 Now You are not right. In fact why I ever pulled out the camera there was the reflection on the carside. Everything else was the consequence of composition and lack of true wide angle on the Camedia.
If I happened to have some more empty space on the film in my Nikon which had 18 mm lens attached, I could have also included my own reflection on the window and called the picture "AUTOportrait with Pini".

Some underlying philosophy:
Sometimes Space is more important, sometimes Time.
Sometimes I'm lucky enough to combine both concepts into a single holistic pictorial model ;o)

Regards,
Peeter Vissak
pv@hot.ee
2003-11-11