Re: Why the ZOOM lenses has this name ???

>Charles Dias <deepblue972000@yahoo.com> writes:
>
>  Anybody have a clue of the origem of the ZOOM name for variable focal distance lenses ???

To my recollection, the first commercial lens of this type was made by
the Zoomar Corporation. It was called a Zoomar and was for motion
picture use. Why they used that name is unknown to me. If someone has
better info please feel free to reply.
Don

Don Roberts * Bittersweet Productions * Iowa City, IA
Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed
 no better than we deserve. ----George Bernard Shaw