Re: Dimming hot lights

Mike King <mikeking@cableone.net> wrote/replied to:

>Why do you feel a need to jump in at all?
>
>A.  My Outlook Express is configured to post in plain text if it's coming in
>HTML it's only 'cause someone else put HTML in the thread.
>
>B.  Top posting is a CHOICE and saves time--one needed read everything
>that's been posted before in a long thread.
>
>My point to the chap jumping on my reply was valid you're just picking a
>fight.

Excuse me, but seeing top posting and HTML in a post where someone is
complaining about someone else not changing the subjects is just plain
ludicrous and I feel I must jump in and state it as so.

You likely have Outlook Express configured so it automatically post
HTML if it receives it. Please correct that.

As to your top posting, I wouldn't mind if you snipped off un needed
bottom crap but you obviously don't do so. And that' why top posting
really sucks, because it's so easy to not scroll down and leave tons
of garbage in each message.

We've been through all this before many times, it's well documented on
the net. Yet people continue to do this believing top posting is just
fine.

I submit that top posting is simply a lazy stupid way of posting that
causes nothing but trouble. If you don't see that, then that's a
shame. It doesn't make you look good to defend it either...