REview: PF Galleries on 11/1/03

 work now on display at  http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html

              Emily L. Ferguson - water lilies:
Emily: You took my " Pick of the week" this time.
I like the over saturated colors and those short over illuminated shrubs.
But why did you enter the water with boots ?

              David Small - Columbus Day:
Eyes too dark.

              John Warner - Eastbourne Pier
When you see beautiful sunset you need an interesting object for getting a
good picture.
Here John did it. The sky is wonderful and the city silhouette is very
interesting with like oriental shapes.
I visited Brighton with its oriental "Pavilion" but don't know Eastbourne.

              Shawna Hanel - Stego
Plastic bones trying to do footsteps on the ground ?
Not the shallow DOF nor the square format work for me here.

              Leslie Spurlock - The Egg
This photo do deliver the feeling that this egg was just painted with those
pretty hands.
Color contrast work well. I like the two toes and the background writing on
the shirt.
I wonder if closer crop would not give more impact.
Nice shot.

              Dan Mitchell - Harbor
The most dominant thing here is the big "Lingam" like shadow.
Is that what you mean to show us ?

              Don Meyers - Surf board shop
Don, I like this photo and want to see more of them here in the PF Gallery.
The way to do it is the same as you did for this one, one per week.
Somehow the composition of the colors plus the action of the people do it
for me.
I think that it miss a little from the upper red beam to make better one.

              Achal Pashine - Saniya
Happy Diwali Achal and Saniya !
Cute girl ( isn't it ?), India origin, sparkling eyes, fingers on chain and
mouse.
The flash was good for the eyes but blown up her shirt.
I like the frame, how did you do it ?

Thanks to all who shared their work with us.
Pini Vollach
http://www.pinimage.com