My Camera

"I like people, and I like to photograph them the candid way-the way THEY
like to be photographed, with the least possible fuss and formality. When
people are pushed around, they are not themselves and the pictures reveal
it. I like to photograph people and things as much as possible the way I
find them, choosing for my pictures their most expressive attitudes. This
calls for watchful observation coordinated with the immediate availability
of my camera. My Leica has become so much a part of me-virtually an
extension of my hands-that the camera and I work as a unit. My reactions are
instantly relayed to the shutter, almost always enabling me to get a picture
very like my mental vision of what I want to capture on film."

Alfred Eisenstaedt, 1951

Take care,
Gregory david Stempel
FIREFRAMEi m a g i n g
www.americanphotojournalist.com
"The brave ones were shooting the enemy, the crazy ones were shooting film"