Re: Candlelight photos

At 12:38 PM 10/21/2003 -0400, you wrote:

As for trying an experiment with just candle light, this can be done
using a tripod and a time exposure or using a slow shutter speed with a
large f stop.  The correct exposure will be based on how the exposure
reading is made and the speed of the film.  If done correctly the use of
normal development will work.

Phil

Most of my photos are made by candlelight or firelight. It helps to have a really fast lens like the Noctilux/1.0. I use TMax 400 pushed to 800 and TMax 3200 at 1600. I use XTol developer at 1:1 or 1:2.

Here are a couple of low light photos.

http://stmaarten.globat.com/~afirkin.com/NewSite/FOM2%20Folder/YearOneExhibit/board_fset1.html

http://main.nc.us/openstudio/tinamanley/Honduras/amilcar.htm

Tina