Re: Pop Quiz

Bob Blakely wrote:

> The "wheel of life" or "zoopraxiscope" was patented in 1867 by William
> Lincoln.

I believe that In 1867, M. Bradley (on 6th March in England) and William
E. Lincoln (on 23rd April in America), filed virtually identical patents
for The Zoetrope, which used illustrations rather than photographs.
Therefore, I suppose you might say that Lincoln (or Bradley) were in
fact the "fathers of the cartoon" but not fathers of "motion pictures".

http://inventors.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://www.acmi.net.au/AIC/MOVIE%5FHIST%5FMOMI.html

>This predates Muybridge's Galloping Horse (1878) by 11 years?

Muybridge used photographs.