Re: Pop Quiz

"Robert G. Earnest" <rge@earnestphoto.com> writes:

> I have one.
> (if I may?)
>
> Who designed an apparatus for projecting images intermittently on a
> screen that proved to be the birth of the motion picture?

I have a feeling it was Robert Someone, and he was French, and he
invented that rotating thingy with slits in, and when you look through,
each time a slit arrives there's the next image in the same position.
Can't find a reference (and it's pointless anyway, since someone else
will know). Think his name begins with G somehow...

Brian Chandler
geo://Sano.Japan.Planet_3
Jigsaw puzzles from Japan at:
http://imaginatorium.org/shop/