Re: home brew diffusion box

On Thursday, September 11, 2003, at 04:47 AM, Emily L. Ferguson wrote:

I've been given some large pieces of art to shoot and I need to build a relatively cheap and dirty fridge sized diffusion box - the pieces are mixed metal and felted wool.

Anybody got good ideas for which gauzy fabric to buy to line the big box?

Also, anybody within 40 miles of Cape Cod, MA have a flash meter I could borrow for a couple days, ha ha ha...

Open to slide film suggestions too. The new Velvia 100F is slightly less instense than the 50 and less blue as well, but I'm wondering about the Kodaks. Any of them close to neutral? I guess I could use a warming filter to cut the blue in the Fujis...

Thanks for suggestions
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@cape.com

Emily......

If you have the time try Kodak E100G or EPN. Use a test roll to determine color and speed for your shooting situation.
Then you'll know if you need to filter or not. IMO EPN would be a good selection for this project.

Dave